Weymouth Public Schools will be offering bus service for Weymouth residents attending the Partnership Schools of St. Francis Xavier and Sacred Heart. Bus transportation will be provided based on the following guidelines:
- Free transportation will be provided to all students in kindergarten through grade six who live more than 2 miles from their school.
- There is no free transportation for students in grades seven and eight.
- Students who are not eligible for free transportation will be offered Pay Rider Transportation if sufficient space remains.
- The fees for the Pay Rider Transportation Program are as follows: $235 for the first child, $235 for the second child, and $120 for the third child, with a maximum total fee of $590 for each family.
- Due to COVID-19, bus capacity will be limited. This may impact space available for pay riders. Transportation by personal automobile is recommended where possible.
- Students riding the bus will be assigned a permanent seat for the entire school year. Each child must sit in the seat assigned.
- All students riding the bus must wear masks for the duration of the bus ride.
- First Student Transportation will provide buses and drivers. We have been assured all protocols for cleaning and sanitizing each bus will be followed.
Due to the large number of students requesting bus transportation and the extended distances the buses will travel, the starting and ending times for both Sacred Heart and St. Francis Xavier campuses must be adjusted.
The starting time and ending times will be:
St. Francis Xavier – Start – 8:00 A.M. – Dismissal: 2:45 P.M.
Sacred Heart- Start – 8:45 A. M.– Dismissal: 3:30 P.M.
We are still working to provide van transportation between the two campuses as soon as possible. We will not be able to offer that on September 8th.
Car riders may be dropped off at 8:15 A.M. at Sacred Heart during orientation week if parents wish.
If you are interested in bus transportation for your child or children, please use the link below to provide us with the necessary information.
Please CLICK HERE.