In addition to a rigorous academic program and our Extended Day Program, Sacred Heart School proudly offers other extracurricular opportunities and clubs for our students, including, but not limited to:
- Student Council
- Annual Science Fair
- Annual Spelling Bee
- Book-it Partner Reading Program
- Math Club (classroom-specific)
- Art Club
- LEGO Robotics
- Drama Club
- Glee Club/Choir
- Piano Lessons
- Instrumental Lessons/School Band (bells, clarinet, drums, flute, saxophone, trombone, trumpet)
Sacred Heart students also participate in a variety of regional programs and activities with other local Catholic schools, including the regional Science Fair, the regional Spelling Bee, and other inter-school social events.
In addition to our First Friday liturgies and monthly service projects, the school year at Sacred Heart is also accentuated with a number of beloved traditions, including:
- Halloween Spooktacular: A Home & School-sponsored event for PreK-Grade 4 with interactive games, contests, prizes, costumes, and more!
- Thanksgiving Feast: Kindergarten and Grade 1 re-enact the First Thanksgiving with a luncheon feast of their own.
- Santa’s Workshop: A festive day of holiday gift shopping for all students.
- Christmas Concert: A school-wide musical celebration of the Christmas season. A can’t-miss!
- Catholic Schools Week: A week-long celebration of Catholic education, featuring special days and gestures of appreciation for school teachers, parents, and students.
- Read Across America: We celebrate Read Across America Day (March 2) and National Reading Month (March) with guest readers, reading challenges and other book-themed celebrations.
- Spring Concert/Grandparents’ Day/Art Fair: A celebration of our students’ work in the art room coupled with classroom visits by students’ grandparents and the annual spring concert.
- Field Day: Most SHS students’ favorite day of the year!
- Last Day of School Liturgy/Moving Up Ceremony: A special end-of-year ceremony to honor student accomplishments and celebrate and bless the transition of all students to their new classrooms for the next school year.